Email marketing is a powerful tool for your marketing strategy that should not be underestimated. Not only is it a powerful way to connect with your subscribers and promote your brand, but it often has a higher acquisition rate than social media. Other benefits of the strategy is it is written with actionable call-to-actions and easy to monitor analytics. While it’s certainly an important tactic, growing your email list organically can be at times difficult. Here’s a look at some ways you can encourage users to sign up for your email marketing.
Create a Reason for Users to Opt-In
If you want users to sign up for your email list, they are going to need a reason why they should join. You can do this in a variety of ways. Here are some popular options:
- Receive newsletter updates
- Sign up for exclusive updates
- Sign up for special event updates
- Get access to free content for opting in
- Provide opt-in discount code
Another tip is to create multiple opt-in opportunities throughout your website. This can help by increasing the number of opportunities your audience has to sign up.
Create Content Upgrades
If you have built a decent audience on your blog but are looking for users to convert on your email marketing, content upgrades may be for you. This is a great option that you can use as an extension of the content you are already providing to your audience on your blog or social media. This allows you to tell your audience, if you liked this content and would like more information, submit your email address to get access to the premium content. Content upgrades can be a very effective way to grow your email list because you are capturing an already engaged part of your audience that enjoys your current content.
Offer Free Downloads
Another great way to encourage users to sign up for your newsletter is by giving them access to free downloads. You can do this a couple of different ways.
- Individual Downloads: Providing free downloads is a great way to encourage users to sign up for your email marketing. You can include links to free content on your blog or another portion of your website and require users to submit their email before being able to download. This option is great for prints, e-books, or other marketing materials.
- Downloads Library: Another option is to create a password protected section of your website that users can only access if they have the code that they receive by signing up for your email marketing. This is a great option if you would like to provide multiple free download options for your audience and you can promote new uploads through your email marketing as well to entice your audience to visit your website.
Once you have built a strong email marketing list it is also important to maintain it. People consistently change email addresses or opt-out so it’s important that you are consistent with your efforts to maintain a consistent amount of active accounts.
Would you like more help building your email marketing list or managing your campaigns? The Avocado Digital Media specializes in email marketing and can help you reach your goals. Contact us today to discuss how we can help your business today.